Monday, July 20, 2009

Ark Addendum - Galvatron's Transform

Well, it looks like poor Iván is having some computer problems, so he has to skip his gallery this week. To make up for it, I thought I'd upload an extra cool Ark Addendum this week. Behold: Galvatron!

I love how dynamic the drawings here are. Especially the start and end poses; you get a nicely dramatic angle on his cannon, and his flying robot form makes him seem like he's dominating his environment. There aren't so many US G1 characters that I have transformations for, so I'm quite glad that Galvatron is among them.

ALL HAIL GALVATRON!!!

3 comments:

Caleb Barber said...

Now this is gold. Thanks for posting Jim!

Guido Guidi said...

Awesome piece, I love Galvatron. I think even with today's technology it would be hard to get his legs collapsing like that in an actual toy!

James Snelgrove said...

I am glad as well, he is one of, if not the coolest, design to come from the 86 Movie era and, likewise, from the ranks of all the decepticons.

It is an annoying shame that he has yet to receive a cartoon semi-accurate toy. His G1 toy is misproportioned and doesn't hide his parts well, and the head is way off. His classics toy, well, it is a fucking great toy with a brilliant headsculpt and is the best Galvatron to date, IMO, but it ISN'T a space cannon.

I really want to see more of these Transforms. They are love.